Before choosing to go to graduate school, take some time to consider if it is you. Graduate school requires a lot of time, sacrifice and money. When deciding if graduate school is the right choice for you ask yourself the following questions:
- Will graduate school benefit me in my career goals?
- Can what I want to achieve in life be achieved without going to graduate school?
- Can I afford the cost and loans needed to attend graduate school?
- Should I gain more work experience before attending graduate school?
- Am I choosing to go to graduate school because I am afraid of finding a job and working?
- Am I willing to put in the time and effort needed to get the most out of my graduate school studies?
When considering these questions, don't be afraid to talk to your friends, family or professors. They could help and advise you on choosing whether or not to attend graduate school. Don’t forget to explore the Diversityabroad.com website to discover which graduate school is right for you.