DiversityAbroad.com, in cooperation with CAPA International Education, will offer diversity scholarships for students participating on a CAPA study abroad or intern abroad program during the summer 2013 and fall 2013. Fifteen $1,000 scholarships will be awarded for summer 2013 and five tuition scholarships in the amount of $2,000 will be awarded for fall 2013 programs. Scholarship application must be submitted with program application. Economically disadvantaged students, first-generation, students with disabilities and ethnic and racial diverse students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadlines are as follows: February 15th, 2013 for Summer 2013 and April 19th, 2013 for fall 2013
Applicants must be full-time undergraduates at a university or community college. Economically disadvantaged students, ethnic/racial diverse, students with disabilities and first generation college undergraduate students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants must be an undergraduate at a university or community college who will participate
on a study or intern abroad programs offered by CAPA.
· Have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA at an accredited U.S. university or college
· Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
· Must be willing to share their experiences abroad with the DiversityAbroad.com community via blogs, picture and videos (at least twice a week), participation in DiversityAbroad.com travel abroad forum and do a study abroad testimonial at the end of their time abroad
How to Apply
Please read the following instructions carefully. Submit the following items by April 19th, 2013 for fall 2013 and February 15th, 2013 for Summer 2013.
· Apply for a CAPA program at (https://www.capa.org/apply-now). When you receive the following prompt, “How did you hear about CAPA” choose DiversityAbroad.com.
· Completed Application form with picture.
· Resume should be submitted on one single-sided 8.5” x 11” proportions via email.
· Submit a video essay answering the following question: “What does being a global citizen mean to you?” (Video essay should be 2 minutes max.)
Here are steps for sending us your video:
Step 1 – Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
Step 2 – Name the video “Diversity Abroad/CAPA Scholarship [TERM] Scholarship – YOUR NAME (e.g. Diversity Abroad/CAPA Scholarship Fall 2013 Scholarship Lisette Gomez)
Step 3 – Include this list of tags: diversity, DiversityAbroad.com, study abroad, [TERM]
After you’ve complete your video share it!
- "Like" the DiversityAbroad.com page at http://www.facebook.com/diversityabroad
- Post the video link to your Facebook page
- When you post the video to your Facebook wall, tag DiversityAbroad.com by typing "@DiversityAbroad.com" and select our profile from the auto drop-down menu like this:
-Follow DiversityAbroad.com on Twitter @diversityabroad
-Post the video to your twitter account