Why Should Your Child Go Abroad?
Whether your student studies chemistry or art, is a high school, community college or university student, a study abroad or international exchange program will benefit them. Study abroad will allow them to take classes in foreign countries. There are many benefits to study abroad. Returning students report the following benefit from their time abroad:
* Intellectual maturity
* Appreciation for their own culture
* Desire to pursue new and challenging educational experiences
Your child will gain skills they can’t get at their home campus. Some of the additional benefits to study abroad are that your child will:
* Improve his/her ability to communicate across cultural lines
* Increase /her their ability to speak a foreign language
* Gain an increased sense of independence and responsibility
* Distinguish themselves from others when pursing higher education or career opportunities
* Be exposed him/her to new perspectives and ideas about the world
* Discover new cultures while earning college credit toward their degree
Like most parents, you probably have some reservations about sending your child away. The benefits from study abroad will help them mature personally and academically. Your child will return more responsible, independent and better-equipped to face the challenges of school and work.