Imagine working with leading experts and innovators to complete a cutting-edge research and design project. Study with Berlin’s thought-leaders and practitioners to gain an understanding of architecture and design within an emerging global context. Pursue hands-on design work in a modern studio using the latest technology to address an aspect of the current global environment. And observe centuries of architectural history up close throughout Germany and Europe – all with CIEE.
Study abroad in Berlin and you’ll:
- Take part in the Future Cities Design Studio, which features an interdisciplinary perspective, and exciting research and design projects.
- Visit and study landmark buildings by celebrated architects, such as the Reichstag Dome by Foster and Partners and Potsdamer Platz buildings by Renzo Piano Building Workshop.
- Study sustainable development in Berlin, with guided visits to sites such as the EUREF Smart City Campus and the Holzmarkt and Spreefeld cooperative housing and farming culture.
- Enjoy excursions to local places of interest such as the Bauhaus in Dessau and the Baroque palaces of Potsdam.
- Take guided overnight study tours to important European cities such as Hamburg and Dresden, and exchange with other Global AD students in Barcelona and Prague.
- Hear from, and interact with, visiting faculty and professionals during a series of lectures, critiques, and in-class visits.
Don’t just study in Spain – immerse yourself in the people, places, and events that have made it what it is today. Take part in CIEE’s challenging Advanced Liberal Arts program in Seville. Awaken your senses during excursions and cultural activities. Build your Spanish language skills during homestays, a conversation exchange, and more. And dive into the Spanish history and culture during coursework and an independent study project. It’s all waiting for you with CIEE in Seville.
Study abroad in Seville and you'll:
- Enroll in regular university courses – ideal for meeting Spanish students and improving your language skills – in disciplines ranging from history and languages to anthropology and Arabic studies
- Explore sites of cultural importance through weekly cultural activities and excursions
- Fine-tune your language skills with the help of the CIEE Language Resource Center and tutorials, Tertulia lecture series, personal development workshops, a conversation exchange, and volunteer opportunities
- Live in a homestay, residencia, or shared apartments to maximize your cultural and linguistic integration