US $ 1500
WHO WE ARE
Volunteer Action for Change Kenya (VACK Jitolee Afrika) is a voluntary service organization. Our aim is to bring people from different cultures to work together towards a common goal. In turn it is hoped this will help break down cultural stereotypes and lead to greater international understanding and peace. We do this by volunteer programme which works on offering services to community projects across Kenya where both local and international volunteers are involved.
Volunteer Action for Change Kenya (VACK Jitolee Afrika) is a non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides services using the voluntarism approach that is aimed at enhancing the development process and service delivery of community development initiatives. Our activities are geared towards the promotion of peace, understanding, justice, development, and information exchange among Kenyans and within the international community.
VACK Jitolee Afrika seeks to promote sustainable community development through:
1. Voluntary Services: We offer both short and Long term voluntary placement opportunities for both skilled and non-skilled volunteers within Kenya to different community groups
2. Capacity Building: VACK has a team of individuals with vast experience in training individuals, community groups, organizations and institutions on management skills, organizational development, leadership skills, and community development
3. Enterprise Development: The team is actively involved in offering trainings to individuals and community groups focusing on business development, micro-finance and enterprise development
4. Thematic approach: Promotion of Sustainable Agriculture and Environmental Sustainability; Promotion of peaceful co-existence among different communities; Women aid & empowerment; Teaching and Education development in local community schools; Community and social development activities to support community initiatives; HIV and AIDS awareness programmes; Communication and fundraising to develop community structures
5. Youth Mobility and Exchange: We give young people from across the world an opportunity to serve in different community projects that enable them to utilize their skills, gain experience and contribute towards sustainable community development initiatives’ thus being able to gain the confidence and recognition of policy makes as active contributor to community development.
6. Non-formal education: The learning activities within this initiative are created to attend to the young people’s needs, aspirations and interests, on a voluntary basis and learner-centered. The methods used in NFE are very diverse and are mainly based on creating healthy environments of trust and sharing experiences. This type of education provides added value for young people, for the economy and society in terms of capacity-building of organizations, systems and institutions. This education takes place in a diverse range of environments and address specific target groups and subjects, facilitating the inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities.Vision:
A society in which everyone has access to opportunities that are fulfilling and engaging, which contributes to the development of community initiatives and the betterment of the society life.Strategic objective
: To recognize young people and women as a valuable resource to society development, and upholding their rights to participate in the development of policies affecting them by means of a continuous structured dialogue with young people, women and youth organisations.
A society in which the dignity of every person is safeguarded and promoted, in which each individual person may enjoy fundamental liberties, have access to resources and services, have the possibility to live in a healthy environment and improve the quality of life in all aspects; a global society in which every single individual and all communities have the right of self-determination consistent with the cultural rights of other peoples and every man and woman on earth. This is realized by giving a change to the youths, women and community members a chance to be actively involved in the development process in the event realizing self-development through service delivery.
Building strong Community groups
Working with youths to enhance sustainability