Diversity Abroad, in cooperation with the AIFS Foundation, will offer $500 scholarships for summer 2013 and fall 2013 study abroad. Five scholarships are available for the summer, and five are available for the fall. Economically disadvantaged students, first-generation, students with disabilities and ethnic and racial diverse students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadlines are as follows: March 1st, 2013 Summer, and May 3rd, 2013 for fall 2013
Applicants must be full-time undergraduates at a university or community college based in the Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States. Economically disadvantaged students, African-American/Black, Asian, Hispanic/Latino, Multiracial/ethnic or Indigenous/Native-American, students with disabilities and first generation college undergraduate students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduates at a university or community college based in the United States. Students must participate in a study abroad program offered by a DiversityAbroad.com partner organization.
- Economically disadvantaged students, African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic/Latino, Multiracial/ethnic or Native-American undergraduate students as well as student who study in non traditional locations (Outside western Europe & Australia ) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA at an accredited U.S. university or college
- Be accepted to a study abroad, intern abroad, language immersion abroad or volunteer abroad program offered through a DiversityAbroad.com Partner Organization
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Must be willing to share their experiences abroad with the DiversityAbroad.com community via blogs, picture and videos (at least twice a week), participation in DiversityAbroad.com travel abroad forum and do a study abroad testimonial at the end of their time abroad
How to Apply
Please read the following instructions carefully. Submit the following items by May 3rd, 2013 for Fall 2013.
Completed Application form with picture. Also include documentation verifying participation in a study abroad program offered through DiversityAbroad.com (Send a copy of your acceptance letter or email)
Resume should be submitted on one single-sided 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper.
Please send a letter of reference from someone (professor, study abroad advisor, etc) who can testify to your interest in study abroad and your ability to benefit from study in another country and culture (reference should submit letter on school/company letter head) via postal mail.
Submit a video essay answering the following question: “How do you feel your experience abroad will prepare you for your future career?” (Video essay should be 2 minutes max.)
Here are steps for sending us your video:
Step 1 – Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
Step 2 – Name the video “Diversity Abroad Scholarship Spring 2013 Scholarship – YOUR NAME (e.g. Diversity Abroad Scholarship Spring 2013 Scholarship Lisette Gomez)
Step 3 – Include this list of tags: diversity, DiversityAbroad.com, study abroad, Spring 2013
Step 4 – Submit the link to firstname.lastname@example.org with your application.
After you’ve complete your video share it!
- "Like" the DiversityAbroad.com page at http://www.facebook.com/diversityabroad
- Post the video link to your Facebook page
- When you post the video to your Facebook wall, tag DiversityAbroad.com by typing "@DiversityAbroad.com" and select our profile from the auto drop-down menu like this:
-Follow DiversityAbroad.com on Twitter @diversityabroad
-Post the video to your twitter account