Programs in London Include:
- Integrated Programs: TOTAL CREDIT HOURS 40 UAL credits per term (12 semester credits). Students enroll directly alongside local undergraduate students who are full-time, degree-seeking students. Students are required to work more independently than they may be accustomed to at their home institution. While teaching is not conducted in a traditional U.S. lecture-based class setting, students receive guidance from faculty and are helped to identify the resources they need to reach course goals. Course content is delivered in a variety of ways, including individual and group tutorials, projects, seminars, lectures, and museum, gallery and studio visits.
- Integrated “Plus” Program: – For Studio Art Majors. Central Saint Martins also offers an Integrated “Plus” model, which gives study abroad students the ability to enroll in a Fine Arts track with local students, while also receiving additional support and instruction, participating in special projects, and experiencing customized visits aimed at helping these students get the most out of their integrated experience.
- Semester Study Abroad Programs: TOTAL CREDIT HOURS 12 – 16 U.S. credits per semester. These programs are usually 40% integrated with local students, and 60% tailored to study abroad students (the proportions may change with some exceptions). The teaching is generally more structured and there is more faculty support than in the integrated programs.
- UAL Summer Program: UAL's colleges specialize in art, design, communications, fashion, and the performing arts, and is the largest provider of higher level education in the arts in Europe. All the colleges are located in London and each college is at the heart of their respective communities. Summer students earn 90 contact hours per summer term. Students are welcome to enroll in multiple sessions for additional credit.
London, an international center of business, fine arts, design, theater, technology, politics and finance, has inspired creativity and cutting-edge innovation for centuries. There is something for everyone in London: a bustling financial district, street markets, green spaces and elaborate parks, ruins, monuments, political machinations, art galleries and museums. Monuments to Britain’s glorious past are found throughout London, including the Tower of London, the Old Royal Observatory in Greenwich, the British Museum, and Trafalgar Square. Because of its famed galleries, the energy of Soho, the history that lives in the streets, the pub scene and the tranquility of London’s parks, London is alive with sources of inspiration.API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
- Fashion Design
- Jewelry Design
- Graphic Design
- Public Relations
- Journalism / Broadcasting
- Study Abroad
- Fall, Spring, Summer, Academic Year
- Visit Website