Submit Your Article for Review
If you would like to contribute original content that you believe would benefit the Diversity Abroad Community please review our Call for Articles. Submissions will be posted at Diversity Abroad’s discretion and should align with the following guidelines:
- Articles must be 500–700 words and are volunteered freely for publication
- Articles MUST speak to one phase of the global education process as defined by Diversity Abroad (Exploring Global Programs, Preparing to Go Overseas, Living Abroad, Coming Home, Getting Career Ready)
- AT LEAST one secondary theme MUST BE included in your article (Career Readiness, Academic Growth, Identity & Development, Health, Security & Safety, Cultural Learning/ Engaging Diversity Abroad, Navigating Global Programs, Country Specific)
- Articles should be written to appeal to the traditionally college-aged student body (18-24) and be presented in a friendly, student-focused style. Tone should be approachable. Check out some examples of articles written for the Diversity Abroad Community! (Example 1/Example 2).
- At least 3 high-resolution/high quality photos and/or videos should compliment your submission. The photos you submit should be photos you have permission to share, (i.e. original or stock photos that you’ve purchased the rights to). Photos and videos must be in landscape format.
- Please do not submit pitches, abstracts, outlines, press releases, or interview offers.
- All article submissions will be filtered through this process. No phone calls will be accepted.