WHY BCA STRASBOURG
• Challenge yourself to strengthen your French language skills by enrolling at a university in northeastern France with fewer study abroad students than you will find in larger cities. Strasbourg is a great place for language learning because you’re unlikely to hear English spoken in your daily interactions.
• Gain an increased understanding of the local culture, meaningful interactions with local people and field experience in a variety of disciplines such as education, social services, health care or the arts through the required Integrative Cultural Project.
• Live and study at the crossroads of Europe. Strasbourg is home to the European Parliament and is conveniently located near Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium. It offers unique opportunities for language learners and students of business, international relations and European studies.
CULTURAL ACTIVITIES & EXCURSIONS
Your BCA Strasbourg Resident Director will help you maximize your time by quickly connecting you to the local culture. You will find yourself visiting cafés and walking down streets that look much as they did 200 years ago. Together with your RD, you will delve into the history of Strasbourg that led to the classification of the city’s historic center, the Grand Île (Grand Island), as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. As part of the BCA signature excursion you will travel to Paris to walk along the River Seine and learn about the art, food, architecture and culture of the City of Light.
The Université de Strasbourg is the second-largest university in France with more than 46,000 students and 4,000 researchers. You’ll study primarily in the Université de Strasbourg L’Institut International d’Etudes Françaises (IIEF) and Institut des Études Politiques (IEP). BCA has two separate academic tracks available for intermediate and advanced French students. Intermediate language students study at IIEF and take language and elective courses. Advanced language students can take regular university courses with French students. All BCA students will participate in the Integrative Cultural Project designed to create a structured hands-on learning experience that reflects each students academic, career or extracurricular interests.
While in France, you can choose to become a language buddy with a Université de Strasbourg student, so you can improve your French and help other students with their English. You can also connect with local students through the more than 75 clubs available at the university. Additionally, your host family will show you around the city, introduce you to local cuisine, take you to festivals and events, share family customs and celebrations, and help you perfect your French!
Visit the BCA Study Abroad website for more information and to apply for scholarships!
- European Studies
- Political Science
- French Language Literature and Studies
- French History & Culture
- International Relations
- Study Abroad
- Academic Year, Fall, Spring
- Visit Website