Designed for academically serious students committed to improving their Arabic language skills, CET Jordan delivers adventures both in and out of the classroom for students who desire an immersive and unforgettable experience. CET Jordan provides the opportunity to rapidly improve language skills while gaining a broad introduction to Middle Eastern culture through diverse academics, innovative activities and traveling seminars.
Irbid, Jordan's second largest city, is a dream location for Arabic language learners. The city is one part metropolis (with a population of over 600,000) and one part college town, with a youth-centered nightlife and myriad university resources to boot. Students are quick to make Jordanian friends, and many find that impromptu conversations with shopkeepers are a great way to practice language skills.
Unlike the capital city of Amman, Irbid remains out of the tourist limelight. The city has been less affected by urbanization than Amman, and its beauty has earned it the nickname "Bride of the North." With excellent and inexpensive public transportation, students have easy access to renowned sites like Amman's Umayyad Palace or the Ajloun Castle. But after a day of exploration, returning back to Irbid, with its small town provincial feel, is always a comfortable pleasure.
* Intensive Arabic Language Study
* Study both Modern Standard Arabic and Jordanian dialect.
* Live in apartments with Jordanian students
* Excursions to Amman, Ajloun Castle and other sites around Jordan
* Enroll in content courses in English or Arabic
* Benefit from the full time support of CET's Resident Director in Irbid CET Jordan Scholarship * Outstanding Scholar Award * Marie H. Karger Memorial Scholarship for Women
- Independent study
- Intensive Language
- International Studies
- Middle Eastern Studies
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Religious Studies
- Student Trips (non-credit)
- Graduate School
- Fall, Spring, Summer, Academic Year
- Visit Website