Named in honor of David Porter, who has served on the IES Abroad Board of Directors since 1995, this scholarship is open to students of diverse cultural backgrounds who have been traditionally under-represented on study abroad programs.
Up to $5,000; awarded to 2 students each year
- Open to students who have been traditionally under-represented on study abroad programs. This group includes, but is not limited to, students identifying by a certain race, sex, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, ethnic origin or veteran status.
- Recipients must attend a college or university that is a Member or Associate Member of the IES Abroad Consortium. In addition, your home school must have a policy of transferring at least 75% of institutional aid for study abroad.
- The scholarship recipient will be required to present a brief written bio statement. Guidelines will be provided with notice of award.
- Return Requirement: If awarded one of these scholarships, at the conclusion of the IES Abroad program you agree to submit a 1-page statement about your experience abroad, including how it has affected you personally, professionally, and academically and how this scholarship supported your endeavors. Once submitted, this statement becomes property of IES Abroad and excerpts may be used in any/all IES Abroad electronic and printed publications. Additional details and instructions will be emailed to you after your program ends.
- For students on standard programs only. Students on Customized & Faculty-Led programs are not eligible for IES Abroad scholarships.
IES Abroad's quick and easy aid application allows a student participating in an IES Abroad program to apply online for nearly all of our scholarship and aid opportunities at once.* You can apply at any time, even if you haven't yet started an IES Abroad application for admission, and we'll let you know your need-based aid status within five business days. Just make sure you meet the scholarship and aid application deadline for your term.
We have many different scholarship and aid opportunities and each one has its own eligibility requirements. Use the online aid application online to tell us a bit about yourself and upload the documents described below so we can determine every scholarship and aid possibility for which you are eligible.
Funds are limited, so apply early!