Intern Abroad (ACADEMIC CREDIT)
Dublin, the cultural center and heart of Ireland, is a vibrant city well-known for education, the arts, literature, technology, and entrepreneurship.
Our program guarantees an internship placement to help you develop professional skills that will jump-start your career and make you more attractive to employers in today’s competitive job market. IES Internships’ unpaid, academic internships have placed interns in fields such as finance, journalism, and theatre, while also showing them the sights and sounds of Ireland.
Before you depart, we work with you to fine-tune your résumé, perfect your cover letter, and hone your networking and interviewing skills, as well as prepare you for working in a new cultural environment. You’ll intern at a local business or organization, where you’ll work for up to 32 hours a week. You also will enroll in a required 3- or 6-credit academic internship seminar with other IES interns, where you’ll gain context for your internship placement by examining cultural issues in the workplace.
With IES Internships’ dedicated staff and international connections, you can be sure that you’ll have an internship that meets your goals. You’ll learn, and learn to stand out.
Past students have interned in placements like the examples listed below. Keep in mind that this list is by no means exhaustive. We encourage students of all majors to apply.
- Cinema and film app simplifying local-cinema ticket purchases and providing marketing analytics to film distributors and event organizers
- Internet safety organization creating a world where young people can safely benefit from technology and the internet
- Parliamentary leader working to improve the lives of Irish citizens in their district
- Boutique creative agency producing innovative design solutions for forward-thinking clients
- Technology company focusing on web design, property software, data software, CRM, and mobile app development
- International NGO specializing in homebuilding and home ownership for the underprivileged
- Social networking site dedicated to developing female friendship and professional connections
- Mental health and well-being organization providing multidisciplinary comprehensive care
- Leading Irish law firm
- Event planning company
Don’t see what you're looking for? Just talk to your IES Internships Representative—new internships are always being added!
- Non-Profit And Art Administration
- Public Relations
- Journalism / Broadcasting
- Political Science
- Human Resource Management
- Media Relations
Applying to an IES Abroad program is easy—just follow the three study abroad application steps outlined below. If you have any questions during the application process, visit the FAQs or contact your Program Advisor at 800.995.2300. You can do this!
1. Check the application deadline and review the application requirements for your study abroad or internship program of interest. Plan to submit all of the required information by the deadline.
2. Create an account or log in to complete and submit the initial online study abroad application.
3. After 1-2 business days, sign in to your MyIESabroad account to view and submit the rest of the application requirements. You will also receive regular emails about deadlines and missing items.
Something unexpected is just around the world. Are you ready? Apply now at: https://www.IESabroad.org/apply
Intern Abroad (ACADEMIC CREDIT)