Each semester/summer Diversity Abroad offers the opportunity for graduate students interested in international education and cultural exchange to pursue a remote practicum with the organization. Individuals will receive a stipend for their contributions.
Projects will range from conducting research in global education, creating resources for the Diversity Abroad community, and developing strategies to amplify the organization’s impact.
Past projects have included:
- Contributing to Diversity Abroad’s Good Practices Series that highlight inclusive practices from higher education institutions, international education organization and other stakeholders from the Diversity Abroad Community.
- Creating a Study Abroad Advising Guide
- Hosting a Diversity Abroad Community Discussion
- Developing a survey for study abroad students and Minority Serving Institutions
As a graduate intern, you will gain insight into a social impact organization and work with leaders in the field of international education. Specifically through your semester with Diversity Abroad, you will:
Contribute a significant project to advance Diversity Abroad’s mission and the work of diversity and inclusion in global education.
- Be assigned a team member as a supervisor/mentor
- Have the opportunity to meet virtually with individual staff and learn about their career paths during the course of your term
- Join a monthly team call if schedule allows
- Credit towards 50% off registration for the 2020 Annual Diversity Abroad Conference
- Stipend of $500/month
- Approximately 20-25 hours
- Individuals may be eligible for academic credit through their institutions.
- diversity & inclusion
- international education
- organizational development
Three opportunities are available:
- This person will play a key role in supporting our student services with generating new, relevant user-friendly content, and ensuring our current robust inventory of resources are up-to-date.
- Research, review, and update inventory of key resources related to Diversity Abroad’s online community for students, including Student Learning and Advising Courses, Destination Guides, and other identity-specific content.
- Create and lead webinar(s) for the online student community.
- Develop a strategy to engage Diversity Abroad alumni for content and related activities.
- Create guidelines for online community engagement
- Develop a communications strategy for the 2019 Passport Tour, a student-focused study abroad recruitment tour
- This person will play a key role in supporting our professional services with generating new, relevant user-friendly content, and ensuring our current robust inventory of resources are up-to-date.
- Research, review, and update current inventory of key resources related to membership network resources (e.g. Country Climate Notes, etc.)
- Develop a user guide and support materials for Diversity Abroad’s newly revised AIDE Roadmap Guidelines
- Develop new content for Diversity Abroad’s Professional and Short Courses Series.
- Develop and implement a communication plan for Diversity Abroad’s Diversity & Inclusion Certification Program.
- This person will be responsible for developing content for new and existing campaigns/events that support Diversity Abroad’s media channels (website, social media, e-newsletters) and support organizational-wide efforts to amplify the Diversity Abroad brand and services.
- Identify and design new marketing/comms opportunities and initiatives (written, audio, visual) to drive up interaction on platforms targeted towards students and professionals and for the 2020 annual Diversity Abroad Conference.
- Create content (visual, written) for Diversity Abroad editorial and events calendar.
- Organize and archive photo galleries and assist with website maintenance (all websites)
- Support efforts to grow the organization’s brand through research of recognition awards and lead generation
- Prepare internal and client analysis to understand the impact of various campaigns
Review the application website and/or Click APPLY NOW to visit the application form for the Diversity Abroad Summer Internships and prepare your application materials for the Student Services role!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org