Fall, Spring, Summer
The application for Spring 2022 is now open! Apply by January 7th, 2022.
The Global Inclusive Leadership Certificate™, developed by Diversity Abroad, is a unique hybrid learning experience that prepares participants with inclusive leadership skills and global competencies so that they can thrive in their communities and on globally diverse campuses and work teams. Students and young professionals will have the opportunity to engage in online learning for their leadership development.
Developed in collaboration with leaders in the fields of diversity & inclusion, international education and student affairs, the Global Inclusive Leadership Certificate focuses on participants development as a student or young professional leader and the understanding diversity, equity and inclusion through a leadership lens.
The program will provide a student focused learning experience that will simulate a classroom environment in a virtual space. Students will have the opportunity to develop foundational knowledge of diversity, equity and inclusion as a complement to leadership skills needed to thrive in internship, professional roles, and in building their own ventures.
- Personalized leadership profile that students can use to improve and guide their leadership approach based on the following core pillars: cultural humility, global competence and inclusive leadership.
- Practical skills to prepare students to work collaboratively and effectively with peers and colleagues.
- Ability to apply theory to different leadership scenarios, and the management abilities required to navigate organizational challenges and promote team purpose.
- Certificate of successful completion from Diversity Abroad, the leading organization for diversity and inclusion in global education, further validating gained skills and knowledge.
- Learning community of peers who can share experiences, successes and challenges throughout the course and beyond.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL
The principles taught in the certificate program will benefit learners from any industry, however the program was developed primarily to support current students and young professionals. Specifically students should enroll in the program if they fit any of the following criteria:
- Students enrolled in higher education institutions (undergraduate or graduate studies) who want to explore inclusive leadership
- Students looking to advance their leaderships skill by gaining a deeper understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Recent Graduates from undergraduate studies taking a gap year before graduate school or entering the workforce
- Young professionals (graduated within the last 2-3 years)
PROGRAM FORMAT & EXPERIENCE
The 9 week (introductory week and nine modules) virtual program is an asynchronous experience with three live touch points in the beginning, middle, and end of the program. By participating in the Global Inclusive Leadership certificate, participants will gain verifiable and relevant competencies and earn invaluable recognition from the leading organization for Diversity & Inclusion in global education, entirely online. Enjoy a personalized, people-mediated online learning experience created to make participants feel supported at every step. Experience a flexible but structured approach to online education in which participants can plan their learning around their life.
- Diversity Studies
- Population and Demographic Studies
- Global Studies
- Independent study
- International Affairs/Relations
Spring 2022 Dates: January 10, 2022 - March 14, 2022.
Application for Fall 2021 is now open! Apply by January 7, 2022.
Fall, Spring, Summer