BCA Brussels, Belgium
Why BCA Brussels
· Gain professional experience with an international internship! Apply to Vesalius College’s Internship Program to work with one of more than 40 local and international organizations with offices in Brussels including Human Rights Watch, Mission to Macedonia, Oxfam International, UPS, MasterCard and ING Belgium.
· Examine the European Union’s perspectives on current world topics and learn from experts in the field by completing the college’s European Peace & Security Studies Certificate Program or join the Model European Union program.
· Experience the diversity of Brussels, known as the de facto capital of the European Union, and its citizens through your coursework and homestay with a local family.
Cultural Activities & Excursions
Live (and eat) like a local with the help of the BCA Brussels Resident Director who takes you on a culinary tour of Belgium! Indulge in uniquely Belgian dishes such as mussels and frites and of course waffles and chocolate and learn about their cultural significance. Venture outside of Brussels with our RD as your guide as you explore other historically and culturally significant locations in Belgium. BCA’s signature excursion may vary each semester but in the past students have visited the North Sea and Ypres to learn about the impact of WWI on the region and reflect on the way that the war is still being remembered today.
Vesalius College is a small school with a large population of international students representing more than 50 nationalities. Small class sizes and interactive learning environments allow faculty to challenge students not only to develop skills and knowledge important for their future careers, but also to think critically and develop themselves personally as citizens of an increasingly multicultural and globalized world. Exciting internship opportunities allow you to set yourself apart and show future employers that you have experience working in a foreign country, have a global network and can balance academics as well as professional commitments.
Volunteer during your time in Brussels through Vesalius College’s partnership with Serve the City – an organization that assists community members in need through sports, music, arts, meals and friendship. Develop your expertise in European affairs by taking advantage of Brussels’ role as the “Capital of Europe” and attend lectures from important local and international leaders. You can also engage with the campus community by writing for the student newspaper, working for the student government and joining other clubs and athletic teams. Meanwhile, your host family will provide you with yet another prospective of Belgian life and culture.
- Media And Cultural Studies
- European Studies
- International Business
- International Relations
- Peace Studies
- Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations
- Political Science
- Chinese Language
- International Finance
- Business Management
- Mass Communications