BCA Dublin, Ireland [Summer]
• Fit studying abroad into your busy academic career with our summer program in Ireland! Spend a month taking courses and connecting to Irish culture.
• Break free of the traditional, touristy study abroad locations by living in Maynooth, Ireland, a quaint Irish community known as the only college town in Ireland. Take independent trips to Dublin which is only a short train or bus ride away.
• Fulfill requirements toward your degree when you enroll in two Maynooth University courses from a variety of subject areas.
CULTURAL ACTIVITIES & EXCURSIONS
Possible BCA excursions and cultural activities…
• Orientation Trip to Dublin: Where better to start your adventures than with Ireland's global and dynamic capital. Your day includes a visit to the Guinness Storehouse and a chance to explore Dublin's past.
• Day trip to Glendalough and Dun Laoghaire: Nestled in the Wicklow mountains, an area of outstanding natural beauty, Glendalough offers a window into Ireland’s past. Enjoy some time in the charming resort and seaside town of Dun Laoghaire.
• Day trip to Giants Causeway: Travel to Northern Ireland and visit the UNESCO World Heritage, Giants Causeway. Enjoy the beauty of this timeless site on the northern most coast of Ireland.
Each summer, Maynooth University hosts more than 120 students. Most of the summer students are from abroad, but there are a few Irish students as well, so you can gain a unique perspective from both local and international students. Each class includes at least one field trip giving you the opportunity to venture beyond the classroom and visit sites relevant to your course material. You’ll select two courses to take during the summer from a variety of subject areas. On BCA’s website, you can find up-to-date course listings and descriptions for the upcoming summer.
Maynooth University is regularly identified as Ireland’s friendliest campus in national and international polls. Throughout the summer, the university runs weekly activities such as archery, ultimate frisbee, trampolining and trivia night giving you the chance to connect with local and international students. You can also step out of your comfort zone and participate in traditional Irish activities such as Gaelic football and Ceili, a traditional Irish dance. As a university town, Maynooth is known for its warm and friendly nature, welcoming new students and residents from all over the world.
- Business Admin. & Mngmt
- Computer Science
- Irish Studies
- Peace Studies