BCA London, England [Summer]
WHY BCA LONDON
• Live and study on the only traditional university campus in London which offers beautiful green spaces and idyllic scenery just a short ride from the hustle and bustle of Central London.
• Select the summer program that fits your academic needs and schedule with our three-week June, three-week July or six-week June and July programs. Make London your classroom in exciting courses offered by the university and through your own exploration.
• Go beyond the London tourist clichés by studying abroad in a more residential area of southwest London. Learn to live like a local and become an expert on the markets, galleries and culture of the real London.
CULTURAL ACTIVITIES & EXCURSIONS
Possible BCA excursions and cultural activities…
• Oxford: Admire the buildings of one of the world’s most famous university cities. Tour the city and campus that inspired Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland.
• Windsor Castle: Step into the life of British royalty when you visit Windsor Castle – Queen Elizabeth II’s preferred weekend residence. The castle is the largest and oldest occupied castle in the world.
• Tower of London: Hear gruesome tales of treachery and execution in this historic medieval fortress including the secrets of The Bloody Tower, Traitors Gate and the Scaffold Site.
During the University of Roehampton’s summer school, classes are small so that you can develop personalized relationships with your professors and classmates. Each course transforms the city into its classroom by incorporating trips into Central London in the curriculum. Classes are offered in the morning, so you can use the afternoon to explore the city. You will enroll in one course each month, so three-week students take one course, while six-week students can take two courses. On BCA’s website, you can find up-to-date course listings and descriptions for the upcoming summer.
You’ll begin your time abroad with orientation and welcome events as well as a photo scavenger hunt. This adventure gives you the chance to meet other study abroad students and become acquainted with the exciting city of London! Additionally, the Student Union runs activities through the summer including open mic nights and a summer BBQ. Living on campus with other international students will give you the opportunity to learn from them. You’ll also have access to London’s world-class museums, libraries, galleries and nightlife.
- Creative Writing
- Art History
- Business Admin. & Mngmt
- Criminal Justice / Corrections
- International Law
- Media And Cultural Studies