BCA Vienna, Austria [Summer]
• Dive into your German language studies with courses offered at beginning, intermediate or advanced levels!
• Acquaint yourself with the central hub of Southeast Europe. Did you know that Sigmund Freud, Gustav Klimt and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart called Vienna their home? And that Vienna is home to organizations such as the United Nations, Amnesty International, Doctors Without Borders and the World Peace Council?
• Decide to study in a UNESCO World Heritage city that has consistently been ranked among the world’s top five cities for quality of living for the last 15 years and, in recent years, has topped the list.
CULTURAL ACTIVITIES & EXCURSIONS
Possible BCA excursions and cultural activities…
• Historical and Cultural Highlights of Vienna: Visit the important museums, castles and buildings of Vienna to understand the rich heritage of the Viennese.
• United Nations Headquarters: Take advantage of being in an international hub by touring the United Nations to learn about the work it does in Vienna and across the world.
• Bratislava, Slovakia: Take a day trip to neighboring Slovakia’s capital city, Bratislava, to help you better understand its relations with Vienna, both past and present.
IKI Vienna hosts students from all over the world interested in improving their German. Class sizes are small, so that you’ll have the best opportunity to strengthen your language skills. Prior to your departure, you’ll take a language placement test to determine your German proficiency and ensure you’re placed in a class that challenges you. Professors emphasize speaking, reading, writing and communication skills with efforts placed on fine-tuning grammar and vocabulary. You will also take a BCA history course focused on Vienna as a geographical, political, cultural, and artistic crossroads at the heart of Europe and uses the city itself as a classroom.
Discuss current world events with your international classmates at Internationales Kulturinstitut Wien (IKI) in Vienna. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself in a café with a group of friends from Italy, Brazil, Syria, China, Croatia, Poland, Ukraine, Russia, Japan and Egypt. IKI Vienna is located in Vienna’s historic First District, so you’ll have easy access to a variety of leisure and cultural activities such as open-air film shows, museums, opera houses and cooking and dancing classes.
- German Language Literature And Studies