Imagine working with leading experts and innovators to complete a cutting-edge research and design project. Study with Berlin’s thought-leaders and practitioners to gain an understanding of architecture and design within an emerging global context. Pursue hands-on design work in a modern studio using the latest technology to address an aspect of the current global environment. And observe centuries of architectural history up close throughout Germany and Europe – all with CIEE.
Study abroad in Berlin and you’ll:
- Take part in the Future Cities Design Studio, which features an interdisciplinary perspective, and exciting research and design projects.
- Visit and study landmark buildings by celebrated architects, such as the Reichstag Dome by Foster and Partners and Potsdamer Platz buildings by Renzo Piano Building Workshop.
- Study sustainable development in Berlin, with guided visits to sites such as the EUREF Smart City Campus and the Holzmarkt and Spreefeld cooperative housing and farming culture.
- Enjoy excursions to local places of interest such as the Bauhaus in Dessau and the Baroque palaces of Potsdam.
- Take guided overnight study tours to important European cities such as Hamburg and Dresden, and exchange with other Global AD students in Barcelona and Prague.
- Hear from, and interact with, visiting faculty and professionals during a series of lectures, critiques, and in-class visits.
Don’t just watch “Downton Abbey” reruns this winter. Join CIEE’s January British Culture program and soak up the essence of the United Kingdom in person. Explore its influential culture while gaining insight into the country’s social policies, value system, and influence on Europe and the world. You’ll take a class in public health; meet with guest speakers, experts, and practitioners; visit another location in the United Kingdom; and more.
Study abroad in London and you will:
-Explore and examine the UK’s renowned public health policy and practice
-Have access to guest speakers, experts, and practitioners from the field of health care
-Enjoy day trips to neighboring cities as well as a weekend excursion to another part of England or the UK