Design your ideal study abroad experience. Our Open Campus program at the new CIEE Global Institute – London offers unmatched flexibility to engage and experience this international metropolis in your own way. Match the academic experience with your interests, aspirations, and degree requirements: Pair two or three six-week blocks for your perfect amount of intensive study and cultural engagement, select your academic track from five diverse options, then choose your electives from our wide range of courses and subject areas. You can even choose a combination of CIEE courses and courses at one of our four London partner universities, where you’ll learn alongside British students.
No matter how you build your program, you’ll immerse yourself in British culture – from modern sensibility spilling from the Tate Modern to beautiful tradition embodied in Westminster and Buckingham Palace. Learn in modern classrooms; get involved with fun activities, interest groups, and sports; and experience the exciting diversity that exists in different areas of the United Kingdom during excursions and multi-day study tours.
Business - With global stature as an economic powerhouse and principal member of the European Union, London is an ideal place to explore economics, finance, management, strategy, and more.
Communications, Journalism, and New Media - Londoners always have understood the power of the word. Tap the expertise of London’s communications leaders, and get an inside look at key media outlets with on-site visits.
Health Sciences - Learn about discoveries in the United Kingdom that are improving health care for people everywhere. Compare local and global health care systems, and learn about contemporary challenges in global health.
International Relations and Political Science - Dig into the complex issues that face European countries, and consider the effects they have around the world.
Literature and Culture - London has as many literary heroes as it does cobblestones – and then there’s cutting-edge music, theater, fashion, a rich Royal heritage, politics, and more. Explore it as you study London’s influence on Europe and the world.
Imagine working with leading experts and innovators to complete a cutting-edge research and design project. Study with Berlin’s thought-leaders and practitioners to gain an understanding of architecture and design within an emerging global context. Pursue hands-on design work in a modern studio using the latest technology to address an aspect of the current global environment. And observe centuries of architectural history up close throughout Germany and Europe – all with CIEE.
Study abroad in Berlin and you’ll:
- Take part in the Future Cities Design Studio, which features an interdisciplinary perspective, and exciting research and design projects.
- Visit and study landmark buildings by celebrated architects, such as the Reichstag Dome by Foster and Partners and Potsdamer Platz buildings by Renzo Piano Building Workshop.
- Study sustainable development in Berlin, with guided visits to sites such as the EUREF Smart City Campus and the Holzmarkt and Spreefeld cooperative housing and farming culture.
- Enjoy excursions to local places of interest such as the Bauhaus in Dessau and the Baroque palaces of Potsdam.
- Take guided overnight study tours to important European cities such as Hamburg and Dresden, and exchange with other Global AD students in Barcelona and Prague.
- Hear from, and interact with, visiting faculty and professionals during a series of lectures, critiques, and in-class visits.