The colorful, vibrant country of Thailand is considered the “land of smiles,” and for good reason: the friendliness and hospitality of Thai people, 95 percent of whom are Buddhist, will enrich your experience living there. Khon Kaen is located in the heart of Thailand’s northeast region, well known for the high-quality Mud Mee silk and its hospitality. Historically, Khon Kaen is quite a new town, established a little over two centuries ago. However, prehistorically, this town on the plateau has been home to various cultures as well as other fascinating creatures unknown to the modern world. The ancient cultures, traditions, and historical sites in this area have all contributed to shaping the local people and culture. Khon Kaen is the commercial and political center of northeastern Thailand, featuring several upscale restaurants and hotels, and the largest center of education, healthcare and technology.
- Study health, wellness, and culture in the heart of northeastern Thailand, rich in natural beauty with civilizations and customs dated back to pre-historic times.
- Visit nearby mountainous areas and traditional Isan community and neighboring countries (i.e.Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam) with good public transportation.
- Enjoy a wide range of field trips, including visiting the dinosaur museum, national parks, lakes, traditional communities, and nearby provinces bordering Laos.
- Immerse yourself in the ancient cultural traditions and customs through fairs and festivities all year round, in a fast-growing city as a gateway to Indo-China.
- Asian Studies
- Asian Literature & Languages
- Health Sciences
USAC welcomes students from any US college or university who:
- Are at least 18 years old at the time of application and who will be enrolled in a university degree-seeking program while they are abroad.
- Have a grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Are in good academic, disciplinary, and community standing.
- Meet any additional pre-requisites of the program to which they are applying.
Visit our How to Apply page to learn more: https://usac.edu/getting-started/how-to-apply