How to Contribute to Diversity Abroad
Submit an Article!
Have you participated in a global experience? Did a global experience help you advance your career readiness? If so, we want to hear from you! Pay your experience forward and share your personal experiences and perspective by contributing an article to DiversityAbroad.com.
Contributors can write about any of the stages of the global education process, from exploration to transitioning to a career and articles can take the form of personal narratives or tips and resources.
We are looking for professionals with an area of expertise in career readiness, international education, and diversity, equity and inclusion as well as U.S. students who have had a global experience or international students who have interned or studied on exchange or a full-degree in the United States.
Articles should be written to appeal to the traditionally college-aged student population (18-24) and be presented in a friendly, approachable, student-focused style. Check out some examples of articles written for the Diversity Abroad Community below!
- 7 Strategies For Embracing Cultural Immersion
- First Abroad Stories: Shalom Hernandez and Managing a Physical Disability Abroad
- Building Relationships In Your Host Community
Please carefully read through our guidelines for article submission. Specific guidelines for article submission can be found here. Before submitting make sure your article meets all criteria. Please do not submit pitches, abstracts, outlines, press releases, or interview offers.
If Your Article is Accepted
Article submissions are reviewed on a regular basis. Diversity Abroad will follow up should your article be accepted for publication. Note that following up will not accelerate our review or improve the likelihood of a story’s acceptance. We are unable to give feedback regarding why a submission may not have been selected for publication.
For stories we do choose to publish:
- All articles are subject to editing.
- Headlines and subheads are subject to change.
- Content may be edited for style, tone, or substance.
- Links may be added for context.
- Links may be removed.
- Images/Videos will be added at the discretion of Diversity Abroad.
- Publications may or may not be promoted across Diversity Abroad’s platforms including our website, newsletters, and our social media.
Diversity Abroad requests that contributed articles remain exclusive to our site. If you publish a related article in another space you can link back to your article published on DiversityAbroad.com.
If you are interested in writing an article targeting professionals in the field of global education, please visit our professional consortium for more information.