How to Contribute to Diversity Abroad
Submit an Article, Apply to be a Content Specific Contributor or Join the Writing Corps!
Submit Your Article for Review:
If you would like to contribute original content that you believe would benefit the Diversity Abroad Community please review our Call for Articles. Submissions will be posted at Diversity Abroad’s discretion and should align with the following guidelines:
- Articles must be 500–700 words and are volunteered freely for publication
- Articles MUST speak to one phase of the global education process as defined by Diversity Abroad (Exploring Global Programs, Preparing to Go Overseas, Living Abroad, Coming Home, Getting Career Ready)
- AT LEAST one secondary theme MUST BE included in your article (Career Readiness, Academic Growth, Identity & Development, Health, Security & Safety, Cultural Learning/ Engaging Diversity Abroad, Navigating Global Programs, Country Specific)
- Articles should be written to appeal to the traditionally college-aged student body (18-24) and be presented in a friendly, student-focused style. Tone should be approachable. Check out some examples of articles written for the Diversity Abroad Community! (Example 1/Example 2).
- At least 3 high-resolution/high quality photos and/or videos should compliment your submission. The photos you submit should be photos you have permission to share, (i.e. original or stock photos that you’ve purchased the rights to). Photos and videos must be in landscape format.
- Please do not submit pitches, abstracts, outlines, press releases, or interview offers.
- All article submissions will be filtered through this process. No phone calls will be accepted.
Ready to share your article with the Diversity Abroad Community? Submit your article for review.
Content Specific Contributors
Diversity Abroad will occasionally seek content specific writers who will be compensated for their contributions at a rate of $50.00 for their submission.
Current areas of need:
- Content Creator for Cultural Destination Guide to South Africa
- Content Creator for Cultural Destination Guide to Japan
- Content Creator for Cultural Destination Guide to Costa Rica
- Content Creator for Cultural Destination Guide to Ireland
- Content Creator for Cultural Destination Guide to Australia
- Content Creator for Cultural Destination Guide to India
- Content Creator for Cultural Destination Guide Mexico
If you have expertise in the above countries and can speak to the experiences of diverse students while visiting/living in these locations, consider submitting an application to contribute!
What to Expect if We Accept
Submissions are reviewed approximately every two weeks, and the process is selective. Due to high volumes, we are unable to respond to all submissions. If you do not receive a response within one month of submitting, it is safe to assume that your piece was not selected for publication. Following up will not accelerate our review or improve the likelihood of a story’s acceptance. We’re unable to give feedback regarding why a submission may not have been selected for publication.
For stories we do choose to publish:
- All articles are subject to editing.
- Headlines and subheads are subject to change.
- Content may be edited for style, tone, or substance.
- Links may be added for context.
- Links may be removed.
- Images/Videos will be added at the discretion of Diversity Abroad.
- Publications may or may not be promoted across Diversity Abroad’s platforms including our website, newsletters, and our social media.
Diversity Abroad requests that contributed articles remain exclusive to our site. If you publish a related article in another space you can link back to your article published on DiversityAbroad.Com.
Ready to Contribute?
Please make sure you’ve reviewed all information regarding how to submit your blog submission.Use this form to either submit your blog post or apply to be a Content Specific Contributor!
Join the Writing Corps
Thank you for your interest in joining the writing community for DiversityAbroad.com! If you have spent time abroad, have writing/publishing experience, and are interested in contributing to the mission and vision of our work, please fill out this short form to tell us more about your interest in joining a writing community to serve the student population that engages with Diversity Abroad.
Who Are We Looking For:
- Current Students Living Abroad
- Students who’ve returned from global experience(s)
- Former students who’ve leveraged their global experiences in their career
- Professionals in the International Education field
- Professionals representing companies who work internationally and/or interested in recruiting students from diverse backgrounds with global competencies
- Write for DiversityAbroad.Com for a duration of 6 - 12 months
- Submit 4-6 articles and/or videos over the 6 - 12 month period
- Additional opportunities for virtual student engagement available by invitation from Diversity Abroad (webinar participation, attendance or facilitation at the Global Student Leadership Summit, contribution to an Abroad360 module)
What You Get:
- $50.00 stipend for your contributions
- Opportunity to connect with an engaged, diverse community of students
- Share your expertise with dedicated readers and enhance
- Contribute to the thought leadership of the global student experience
- Feature on the DiversityAbroad.Com website
- Ability to drive traffic back to your personal/professional platforms
- For Students: Resume builder to showcase your global and career acumen
- For Professionals: Access to potential student interns, ambassadors, or program participants
Candidates are reviewed at the beginning of each quarter (Start of the following months: July, October, January, April) or at the discretion of the review committee. Applications can be submitted on a rolling basis and responses will be sent during the second week of each quarter. No phone calls or emails regarding application status will be accepted. Questions regarding the role can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to join the face of Diversity Abroad Contributors? Apply to Join or Writing Corps Today!
Please make sure you’ve reviewed all information regarding the review timeline. We look forward to hearing and sharing your expertise with the Diversity Abroad Community! Submit Now!